LOGAN R. PERKINS
(303) 330-9739; firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to learn quickly and master organization vision, set priorities, recruit, train, manage, motivate, research markets, create databases, design collateral, manage inventory, establish long-lasting professional relationships, and exceed corporate goals.
- 20 years of customer service and positive relationship building,
- 15 years of non-profit management, database creation, indexing, content creation,
- 15 years of retail and non-profit sales and B2B sales (5 years in education),
- 10 years of management experience (retail and non-profit),
- 10 years of training experience (5 in education),
- 8 years of documented double digit sales increases 5 in education),
- 6 years of dynamic public speaking, entertainment and presentation skills,
- 6 years of merchandising and marketing experience,
- 6 years of multi-state sales and management (5 in education)
POWER SELLER – (Jan 2009 - present)
Ebay Stores - Denver, Colorado
International online sales stoe. Over 1000 individual ratings with 99.7% positive.
PROJECT CONSULTANT – Contract (Mar – Oct 2008)
I DRIVE SAFELY - San Marcos, California
Analyze educational software for content compared to competition, with recommendations for improvement and market expansion. Development and implementation of a complete marketing plan for 15 initial states. Creation of fundraiser program: www.driversedfundraiser.com.
CALIFORNIA SALES MANAGER (Feb – Dec 2007)
D&V International - San Diego, California
Work with distributors and retail outlets to increase sales of European imports statewide. Established a database of 500 key clients; communicated via visits, email, newsletters, and phone calls. Sales expanded from $97,882 in 2006 to $353,724 in 07 thru our main distributor. Additionally, by securing two new distributors, further product and market expansion occurred. Employment ended for all employees due to serious health issues with an owner.
REGIONAL COORDINATOR (Aug 2000 - Aug 2005)
National Inventors Hall of Fame - Camp Invention - Denver, Colorado
Established educational enrichment programs from Utah to Florida as an independent contractor based in Denver, CO. Ran 56 camps with 54 directors in 2005. This position involved: defining sales goals; district, school and teacher recruitment through cold call and innovative sales; technical and motivational training for directors and teachers in multiple states; on-site and remote management; marketing design and distribution; standardized communication via phone, letters, email and websites; inventory control and distribution; and, customer service for students, parents & schools. [more details on request]
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Part Time (1996 - Present)
The Priorities Institute - Denver, Colorado
Establishment of non-profit research and advocacy organization. Created and distributed newsletters, coordinated volunteers, wrote grants, and established websites. This is still active.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT has included:
- U.S. Census crew leader (seasonal) in Denver, CO (2000);
- Edu-tainer with Mad Science (seasonal) in Denver, CO (2000);
- Estate manager for the Buffalo Creek Lodge, CO (1998-99);
- Research analyst for National Finance Corp. of Clifton Park, NY (1997-98);
- Flood Research Analyst for General Electric Insurance division in Denver, CO (1994-96);
- Profitable retail management for Kay Bee Toys in Aurora, CO (1992-94);
- 7-11 manager in Idaho Springs, CO (1990-91);
- Tour leader for Europeans visiting America with American Adventures out of CT (1990);
- Travel agent for three years in the late 1980s in Washington D.C.;
- WMUC-FM music director at U. of Maryland (Mid 1980s).
BACHELOR OF GENERAL STUDIES - GRADUATION: 1988
University of Maryland - College Park, Maryland 3.6 G.P.A.
Urban Studies, Human Relations, and International Affairs focus for self-designed major. An additional 12 graduate credits were gained while in the U. of Maryland Urban Studies Masters program.
TRAVEL AGENT - GRADUATED WITH CERTIFICATE
International Travel Training Courses - Bethesda, Maryland
A 220 hour certified course in using Sabre, Apollo, & Eastern's System One, plus complete training in groups, retail, leisure, cruises, etc.
RETAIL MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATES
Southland Management Training (7-11) - Longmont, Colorado
Various certificates in recruitment, training, accounting, profit and loss, inventory control, merchandise marketing, communications, sales forecasting.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- Large and Small Group Public Speaking; Edu-tainment Presentations for Children and Parents.
- Two Appearances on the MoJo HDTV Network.
- Writing, Newsletter Creation & Bulk Mail Experience.
- Regional Land Use Planning & Sustainable City Design Work.
- Computer Proficiency; Website Design; FTP.
- Photography; Videographic Skills;
- Arts & Crafts;
- Ebay sales (100% positive response on over 500 transactions);
- Travel Planning, Tour Leading;
- Traveled in 21 European countries, 6 Asian, and various places in the Americas.
- Mountain Bike and Hiking, Boating, Skiing.
- Estate Management –contract solicitation and oversight;
- Cooking, Entertaining;
- Gardening and Landscaping.